Plarailchain Link Number Calculation Tool
Calculate the number of links. Select model code and enter required information and click "Calculation".
【Link number calculation 】
- Transfer stroke( S ) mm
- Distance from intermediate point when the fixed-end is not in the middle of transfer stroke( I ) mm
Required number of links links
※.Transfer stroke exceeds Max. transfer stroke.Install safety device like guide-rail or guide-roller. ※.Free-span exceeds Max free-span.Install safety device like guide-rail or guide-roller. ※.Transfer stroke and free-span exceed Max. transfer stroke and Max. free-span.Install safety device like guide-rail or guide-roller.
・Click here for capability diagram of Plarailchains
Install safety device like guide-rail or guide-roller when the set value of the transfer stroke exceeds Max. transfer stroke and Max. free-span.
・Click here for guide-rail and guide-roller.
Number of links is to be calculated by the following equation :
- n：Number of links (Figures below decimal point are raised to one positive number)
- S：Transfer stroke(mm)
- a：πR + 2K (R: Bending radius (mm), K: Play (mm))
- I：Distance from intermediate point (mm) when the fi xed-end is not in the middle of transfer stroke (when the transfer stroke is in the intermediate point : 0)
Setting fixed-end in the intermediate point of transfer stroke minimizes required number of Plarailchain.
- ※1.K in the figure is required minimum allowance length which should be secured both moving end and fixed end. (Please refer here for details of dimension K.)
- ※2.Please make inquiries for special travel conditions.
- ※3.When distance I is added to the plus (right) side from the center position of the transfer stroke S, the moving end can transfer further in the right direction by the same value as I. Also, when distance I is added to the minus (left) side from the center position of the transfer stroke S, the moving end can transfer further in the left direction by the same value as I.
- ※4.The conditions of link number calculation with above formula are as follows.
・The weight of cables and tubes shall be considered as 0.
・The transfer stroke range shall not be affected by distance I.